What is Radiofrequency Ablation?
Heat delivered to the vein wall through a catheter causing the vessel to shrink. The catheter is gradually withdrawn along the course of the vein until the entire vessel has been treated.
What is Venefit?
The Venefit™ procedure — formerly known as the VNUS Closure Technique — is a minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins in which a vein specialist inserts a catheter in to the diseased vein causing it to collapse and close. After the vein is sealed shut, blood is naturally re-routed to other healthier veins.
What to Expect?
The Venefit™ procedure allows for a quick procedure with minimal downtime, comfortable recovery and improvement of varicose veins.
What are the benefits of Venefit™?:
- Minimally Invasive — No Hospitalization, No Surgery and No General Anesthesia! The procedure results in little to no scarring and is performed in-office by a vein specialist using only local anesthesia (but moderate sedation is available for those who experience high levels of anxiety).
- Less Pain, Less Bruising, Faster Recovery —
- Consistent heat is delivered from the catheter allowing for less pain and bruising.
- Up to four times faster improvement in patients’ quality of life.
- Excellent Clinical Outcomes —
- Proven to be 93% according to the Kaplan Meier Analysis*
The Venefit™ procedure is performed as a medical necessity to treat varicose veins as diagnosed by a trained vein specialist. For more information, visit: www.venefitprocedure.com
* Three-year European follow-up of endovenous radiofrequency-powered segmental thermal ablation of the great saphenous vein with or without treatment of calf varicosities. JVS; July 2011.