Carotid Artery Disease, though not curable, is entirely manageable. Especially when we detect it, it’s. It’s essential to pay attention to your well-being and be aware if you have any risk factors for CAD or are experiencing any symptoms. That’s why it’s important to talk openly, and frequently, with your doctor when preventing carotid artery disease in Rogers.
Many patients approach us wondering how to prevent carotid artery disease. Thankfully, we’ve got good news for them!
There’s a lot you can do to improve your arterial health and even prevent CAD. Potentially even avoiding the need for care for carotid artery disease in Rogers! Best of all, it is doable without involving a vascular specialist. After all, conservative treatments and preventative maintenance are hugely important in mitigating circulatory weakness and arterial disease.
Our advice is simple: take care of your body.
With attention, we can easily resolve much of the stress we place upon our circulatory system. Though some patients don’t have a say in the matter due to underlying issues, your artery care is up to you for most people.
If you’re looking for more specific steps you can take to improve your artery health, here are a few activities you can do to improve arterial health and overall circulation:
- Avoid Smoking. Smoking is one of the worst things you can do for your vascular system, so our first piece of advice is to stop smoking immediately. Smoking contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries, meaning it’s a major risk factor for developing CAD and decreasing your health.
- Exercise. Exercising is a great way to improve vascular health, as it keeps blood flowing and prevents further plaque buildup. Walking and cardiovascular exercise are incredibly beneficial, but anything that elevates your heart rate is good. You should make a point of exercising once a day or as much as is feasible.
- Eat Healthier. Diet is a major contributing factor to arterial disease. Foods high in cholesterol are a leading cause of plaque buildup and increased blood pressure. Make sure to eat: more fruits and vegetables, less red meat and dairy. You should also make sure to eat smaller portions in individual sittings to reduce stress on your circulatory system.
- Lose Weight. This is the most challenging item. Being overweight can strain your circulatory system, which requires more work to move blood around your body. Losing weight is vital to improving circulatory function and vascular health.
- Monitor Your Health. Routine health screenings and physicals are critical to maintaining your overall physical health but can be especially useful for identifying and mitigating arterial disease. Make sure to check your blood pressure and cholesterol levels regularly!
Note: It’s important to remember that none of these behaviors should replace consulting a healthcare provider or vascular specialist if you are worried about your vascular health.
Though at-home conservative care and behavioral adjustments are essential to your vascular health, it’s wise to consult specialists. After all, conservative care can’t erase preexisting plaque; it only prevents further unhealthy buildup and mitigates the potential worsening of symptoms. That’s why there’s so much value in professional carotid artery disease care in Rogers. Especially if you’re working out how to prevent carotid artery disease.
Consulting vascular professionals can help you set informed, long-term treatment plans and medication regimens to mitigate the issue. This style of conservative care isn’t available purely through at-home lifestyle changes or behavioral adjustments.
Medications like statins or blood thinners are vital for lowering cholesterol levels and breaking up blood clots. Both these issues are critical factors in arterial disease and treatment requires a prescription from a medical provider.
Additionally, it’s worth discussing surgical or interventional treatments when caring for carotid artery disease in Rogers. These care alternatives are only available when consulting a vascular professional equipped with the resources to provide you with comprehensive care.
Work with Ozark Regional Vein & Artery Center to Prevent Carotid Artery Disease
If you need support preventing carotid artery disease in Rogers, turn to the Ozark Regional Vein & Artery Center. Our experience and constantly expanding suite of care options enable us to guide you toward lasting wellness solutions.
We are a premier practice in Northwest Arkansas for the highest-quality vein and artery treatments. Dr. Haney, Dr. Stout, and the expert staff have over 75 years of combined experience caring for patients’ vascular wellbeing. Helping people is what we do; our mission is to provide the people of Northwestern Arkansas and beyond with the absolute best care possible.
You can count on the Ozark Regional Vein & Artery Center to provide exceptional carotid artery disease care results for our patients each and every time.
So, if you’re at risk for carotid artery disease in Rogers or are interested in regular screening just to be safe, check out our Virtual Vein Screening Tool or schedule a consultation!