This new generation technology is non-invasive and FDA-cleared
Are you embarrassed by underarm sweating and odor? Just imagine a lifetime of freedom from the worries of visible sweat stains, ruining your favorite clothes with deodorants or antiperspirants, or having that sweat breakout in personal or professional encounters.
Dr. Haney and Renew Aesthetics at Pinnacle Point are now offering a new treatment: miraDry® is the only non-invasive, FDA cleared treatment that’s sweat-free and odor-free to drastically reduce sweat and odor glands in the underarms area. (Note that the miraDry System is indicated for use in adults 18 and older.)
How The miraDry Treatment Works
miraDry uses electromagnetic energy which is proven to be the ideal method for treating the sweat and odor glands in the underarm. It creates targeted heat in the area where glands reside and safely eliminates them. The advanced design of the miraDry system continuously cools your skin during treatment for added comfort and safety
Local anesthesia is administered to assure maximum comfort during the treatment.
A temporary tattoo is used to mark skin in preparation for treatment.
The area is treated with miraDry, eliminating sweat and odor glands in the underarm.
Some Facts About The miraDry Treatment
- It’s a quick in-office treatment that takes about one hour.
- It provides immediate and drastic results in as little as one treatment.
- It’s FDA cleared.
- It’s non-invasive.
- It has minimal to no downtime.
- It requires local anesthesia administered to the underarm prior to treatment with most patients experiencing little to no pain (Patients rated treatment pain on an average score of 2 on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 = no pain and 10= worst pain.)
- It enables you to return to normal activity right after treatment and you can typically resume exercise within several days.
- It’s safe to use on everyone regardless of skin color.
- Some patients do have short-term altered sensation in the skin of their underarms or upper arms, which gradually disappears.
- By the way, another name for miraDry is miraSmooth because one treatment can result in a 70% reduction for all hair colors, and miraSmooth is a viable alternative treatment for laser hair patients.
However, as with any medical treatment, talk to one of our experienced nurses about miraDry and he or she will determine the best protocol for your desired results.